Sunday, November 20, 2016

Managed Review



Title:  Managed
Series:  VIP#2
Author:  Kristen Callihan
Publisher:  Plain Jane Books
Release Date:  Nov. 14, 2016
Buy Link:  Amazon

My Rating: 4



Synopsis:
It started off as a battle of wits. Me: the ordinary girl with a big mouth against Him: the sexy bastard with a big...ego.

I thought I’d hit the jackpot when I was upgraded to first class on my flight to London.

That is until HE sat next to me. Gabriel Scott: handsome as sin, cold as ice. Nothing and no one gets to him. Ever. He’s a legend in his own right, the manager of the biggest rock band in the world, and an arrogant ass who looks down his nose at me.

I thought I’d give him hell for one, long flight. I didn’t expect to like him. I didn’t expect to want him. But the biggest surprise? He wants me too. Only in a way I didn’t see coming.

If I accept his proposal, I leave myself open to falling for the one man I can’t manage. But I’m tempted to say yes. Because the real man beneath those perfect suits and that cool façade just might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I just might be the only one who can melt the ice around his heart.

Let the battle begin…

Review:

Sophie Darling boards a plane headed to a job interview and is deliriously happy to find she's been upgraded to first class.  Just as she settles into her new seat, she hears a stuffy, arrogant, controlled voice demanding to know why someone is sitting in his seat . . . seems this obviously wealthy man purchased two seats to ensure no one would bother him.  Control Freak - Meet the woman who refuses to be managed!  And so begins the hilarious banter between Sophia Darling and Gabriel Scott aka "Scottie" - manager of the biggest rock band in the world.  Sophie just can't help herself - she decides to push all Scottie's buttons, prodding at him just to get a rise (she may have even mentioned some sexual act - just sayin'), and the one-liners flying between them begins.  She calls him "Sunshine" (sarcasm), and he calls her "Chatty Girl".  Their interaction on the plane is priceless, but an undercurrent is brewing.  And by the end of their seven hour flight - they discover a connection - seems they're going to the same place and will be seeing more of each other and . . . surprise, surprise - they both want to see more of each other.  The chemistry is already sizzling.

As this story plays out, prepare to laugh out loud as quirky, smart, warm, funny Sophie worms her way past the cold, arrogant, controlled shell that Gabriel presents the world.  He doesn't do relationships (even though he is a walking, talking sex dream) - he manages and controls people in every aspect of his life.  When he walks into a room, people part (or run) to let him pass.  He chews people up and spits them out.  So what is he supposed to do with this loud, sexy siren who dares challenge him?  Who refuses to run when he says "Boo"?  Who calls to him on every level?  Who makes him want & need?

Managed is a great addition to the VIP series.  I was intrigued by Scottie in Idol, book 1, and wanted to know more about him.  I'm happy to say he lives up to the hype - both as "Scottie" and as Gabriel/Sunshine!  I loved watching his walls crumble, brought down by a lush Marilyn Monroe look alike who refuses to shut the h*ll up!  This is a hilarious, yet heart-touching book about trust, acceptance, and love.  I read Managed in one sitting.  It's that good and entertaining.  Another Must Read from this author.

My Rating:  4 Sarcastic Chatty 's . . . And that's the truth!


Cross My Heart . . . xxx

Sandra


No comments: