Wednesday, September 4, 2019

IWSG: Where In The World . . .

The Insecure Writer’s Support Group is a website media business with affiliates to enhance our service to visitors. We are a home for writers in all stages; from unpublished to bestsellers. Our goal is to offer assistance and guidance. We want to help writers overcome their insecurities, and by offering encouragement we are creating a community of support. Visit IWSG to learn more about this great writing community!
  

IWSG posts the first Wednesday of every month. It's a great writer's resource that I'm sure you'll find well worth your time. Be sure to stop by and visit with other IWSG Members.  And join me in thanking this month's awesome co-hosts:   Gwen Gardner, Doreen McGettigan, Tyrean Martinson, Chemist Ken, and Cathrina Constantine!

My apologies for missing last month's IWSG post, but my mind, heart, and body were otherwise engaged.  My only sister passed away suddenly near the end of July leaving my family and I devastated and in shock.  I'd like to thank those of you who reached out to me offering condolences.  Your kind words of sympathy were a comfort and inspiration to me.  Thank you.

IWSG Question of the Month:  If you could pick one place in the world to sit and write your next story, where would it be and why?

I feel like my answer to this question should be on an island in some exotic place far, far away. After all, isn't that the way most fairy tales start?  lol  In reality, I'd say anywhere Q.U.I.E.T.  My own office is perfect IF my family is otherwise engaged.  Seriously, I'm not one of those fortunate writers who can shut out the world and write anywhere - like a coffee shop, book store, restaurant, on a bus . . . Uh, no.  Way too many distractions for me.  My thoughts ramble all over the place in those situations.  I need sweet, blessed quiet to be productive when I
write.  The one place I can think of outside my own office is a small cabin nestled high on a mountaintop in our North Carolina Blue Ridge mountains.  Think breathtaking view, sounds of nature, front-porch swing and rockers, and a glass of your favorite beverage.  It's beautiful, peaceful, quiet, and oh-so-good for the soul!  Also conducive to my writing.  My family, of course, will have to stay at home. haha

So tell me - Where in the world would you choose to write?


2 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Sounds . . . perfect! Though quiet and alone is preferred, I've had to adapt to less ideal spots (some of my best chapters were conceived in the coffee shop at O'Hare Airport in Chicago during layovers!). In crowded spots like Write Ins, I use my noise canceling headphones and Amazon Prime rock playlists. I can compose to heavy metal but not conversations.

Keep safe. Hope Dorian hasn't paid you an unpleasant visit.

Sandra Hoover said...

I envy you the ability to shut everything else out and write. Maybe someday, I'll get there! I can plot to background music, but that's about it now.