Wednesday, December 5, 2018

IWSG: What's in your office?


The Insecure Writer’s Support Group is a website media business with affiliates to enhance our service to visitors. We are a home for writers in all stages; from unpublished to bestsellers. Our goal is to offer assistance and guidance. We want to help writers overcome their insecurities, and by offering encouragement we are creating a community of support. Visit IWSG to learn more about this great writing community!  

IWSG posts the first Wednesday of every month. It's a great writer's resource that I'm sure you'll find well worth your time. Be sure to stop by and visit with other IWSG Members.  

Join me in thanking this month's awesome co-hosts:  J.H. Moncrieff,  Tonja Drecker,  Patsy Collins, and Chrys Fey!

IWSG Question of the Month:  What are five objects we'd find in your writing space?

The first objects that come to mind are all the obvious ones - like pens, paper, computer, printer, etc., - aka writing supplies.  However, without a doubt, first and foremost for me are BOOKS!  You'll find all kinds of books in my office.  Books on writing, publishing, editing, marketing, motivation - you name it, I've probably got it!  And then there are books and keepsakes from some of my favorite series, authors, and friends - things I treasure and showcase proudly and pull off the shelf to read or skim through over and over again.  Books with memories and meaning and encouragement all bound within well-worn covers.  So yeah, shelves and shelves of books.  
What else?  Well, since I almost always have a glass of sweet iced tea (Southern girl here!) or a cup of coffee in hand when I'm writing (choice depending on my mood, time of day, and the season), you'll always find a beverage of some sort on my desk.  And there's my comfy desk chair that I mention because I freakin' love it.  After spending way too many years in a hard, back-killer chair, I finally treated myself to a big, super-comfy, ergonomically efficient, simply To-Die-For desk chair - I could sleep in this baby!

So, books, beverage, chair, writing essentials and . . . Oh!  A dog bed for my grand-dog to use when she stays over - although she seems to prefer curling up under my desk with her head resting against my feet.  I often have her for a week or two at a time while my son is traveling for work.  Jason rescued this little sweetheart when she was an abused and severely malnourished puppy (5 yrs. ago).  He fostered and then adopted her after falling under her sweet spell.  BG's a perfect writing (as well as walking) companion.  We all adore her!




There's lots of other "stuff", of course.  In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, it's definitely time to do another office clean-out.  But not today.  No, definitely not today.  That's a job for a cold, windy, wet winter day.  A chore for tomorrow.  HaHa  

So tell me, my writing friends, What's in your office/writing space?

2 comments:

Tonja Drecker said...

Sounds like a lovely writing space. I'm sure your Granddog enjoys it too.

Liza said...

That chair sounds like something wonderful!