Sunday, October 28, 2018

Definition of Flawed Review


Title:  Definition of Flawed
Series:  Definition Prequel
Author:  Lia Peele
Genre:  Contemporary Erotica Romance
Release Date:  Oct. 29, 2017
Publisher:  Lia Peele
Purchase Link:  Amazon

My Rating:  4 Steamy Hearts
Cover Rating: 5 Too-Hot-To-Handle Hearts

*Many thanks to the author for a copy of this book

Synopsis:
Twenty-one-year-old Scarlett Trent always follows the rules, but when she meets a handsome maverick, the rules change.

Paul Jackson is rough around the edges, the epitome of sexy, and strong. He’s everything she wants and more, but her family is not so keen on their relationship. When he invites her to move in, apprehension gives way to excitement, but that’s short-lived when each new day reveals surprising information about the man she loves.

As his problems persist, Scarlett’s suspicions are raised, but they’re not the only thing preoccupying her. Paul’s son and his lingering feelings about the mother he’s never known have piqued her interest.

With so many new experiences and emotions to contend with, Scarlett’s relationship becomes strained. Every new revelation tears them further apart at the same time her friendship with his son grows closer.

Will Paul’s problems prove to be too much for her to bear or will her tender-hearted nature encourage her to stay by his side? 

Review:
Definition of Flawed is a prequel to the highly addictive, scorching hot Definition Series - which I binge read in the three days following my completion of Flawed.  I told myself I do not have time to binge on these books - absolutely not!  Don't even think about it!  I then proceeded to ignore my own warning and didn't stop reading until I finished the last book released-to-date and am now not-so-patiently waiting for the final series book, Definition of Absolution (to be released in Dec. 2018).  I'll say I was taken by surprise by this sizzling hot, erotic series and new-to-me author, but am so happy to have discovered both.  What an unique, refreshing voice in the high angst contemporary erotica romance genre!  Adding to Peele's charm and appeal is her distinctive usage of the British language and slang reflected in her work which I enjoyed.  

My dilemma now is to review Definition of Flawed in a coherent manner without revealing spoilers about it or the following books.  That's a tough one.  Reading the synopsis will give you an outline of the story, but not the heart of what you'll take away from it.  It's told from the heroine's pov which makes readers aware of the conflict and confusion playing out in twenty-one year old Scarlett's head as she falls for an older man and takes a leap of faith by moving in with him (and his son, Dev) only to discover he's harboring some dark, potentially game-changing secrets that leave their relationship on shaky ground.  Their connection in the bedroom is undeniable, but is smoking hot sex enough to build a relationship on?

My interest in Flawed was flamed by knowing that it's a prequel to Definition of Stripped and a setup for a future relationship that forms in this novella.  It provides history that will prove to be much needed knowledge - not if but when you move into subsequent books.  As you read this novella, I advise you to look beyond the obvious and read with an open mind.  Set in England, it features characters involved in grossly dysfunctional relationships and an unusual plotline unlike anything I've run across before when considered as a launching pad for a future relationship.  

Raw, gritty, steamy, and oh-so-gutsy, Definition of Flawed is well written and paced to keep readers burning through the pages.  Secrets, lies, deception - it's all there and as they surface, one couple's deeply flawed sexual relationship begins to unravel.  Unfortunately, the full extent of the devastating fallout won't be fully felt until six years later.  Deliciously naughty, sinfully sexy and erotic, Definition of Flawed sets up the background for two characters in one of the most addictive series/sagas I've read in some time.  I will warn that some of the series books end with a cliffhanger of which I'm not a fan - and yet, I'm still hopelessly hooked!  A Must Read!

My Rating:  4 Steamy Hearts . . . And that's the truth!

Cross My Heart . . . xxx
Sandra

Here are the other four highly addictive and recommended books in the Definition Series:







No comments: